If you have been following, you will note quite a few posts related to importing / migrating Linux virtual machines from VMware to XenServer.
I realize that many folks don’t use XenServer – but the basic steps of repairing after migration apply to Hyper-V just as well as to XenServer – the steps are the same if you want your VM to boot. However, PV enablement on Hyper-V does not exist, you just need to install the vm tools.
Here are the links in case you missed them:
- PV enabling an HVM from VMware on XenServer (CentOS RedHat)
- PV enabling an HVM from VMware on XenServer (SLES and Debian)
- Migrating Debian from VMWare ESX to XenServer
- Migrating SLES from VMWare ESX to XenServer
- Migrating CentOS from VMWare ESX to XenServer
- Migrating RedHat from VMware to XenServer
I have turned three of these into short (less than 10 minutes) video presentations, just to add a bit more information than in the articles.